Sunday, October 14, 2007

Just another post on MEMOIRS

Why do people write memoirs?
What power is there in telling our own stories?



People write memoirs because they want to protray their emotions towards situations in their life. People write memoirs to reflect on their life and help teach what they have learned to others. I believe that people write memoirs also for enjoyment purposes and for the love of writing. I think people write memoirs because they are easy to write because it's from their past experiences and a reflection of their life.

The power in telling our own stories is that it reveals more about yourself and gives a person a chance to reflect on their life. In doing so, good messages can be produced and life lessons taught. Memoirs have personal believes which you might not get from other types of writing.

YEAH MEMOIRS!

1 comment:

Nora said...

I definatly agree on your point about expressing emotions. Memoirs are so personal, writing and reading them can cause understanding, acceptance, and connections quite easily. The part about teach others your knowledge and passing down wisdom is a good, point, I deffinatly agree some people write them so others don't have to go through the same mistakes they have. I agree that memoirs are fairly easy and understandable to write and comprehend, and thats robably one reaon they are so plentiful. Memoirs are so unique and I think you described that well in you part about their power, you just don't get the same things from reading other types of liturature.